Technical Sales Support for Roofing
In the role of Technical Sales Support within our Roofing division, you will be responsible for providing direct support to customers and internal Leister personnel regarding applications, machine operations, service, parts, and general technical issues that affect the sales and utilization of Leister products used in the roofing industry.
Technical & Sales Support:
- Prepare and execute training workshops for distribution partners, material manufacturers, and contractors that include product knowledge and practical hands-on demonstrations, to be conducted at either Leister facilities or on customer sites.
- Respond to inbound customer inquiries on product, application, or technical matters.
- Serve as technical liaison between distribution partners and end-users, as required.
- Work cooperatively with Swiss product management on technical and product-related issues and topics.
- Serve as a technical liaison between customers and internal Leister departments (sales administration, warehouse, repair).
- Assist in performing product/material/proof-of-concept testing, when requested.
- Work cooperatively with US Product Specialist and senior management to identify and develop key targets and strategies.
- Perform business development activities, either independently or in coordination with local distribution partners, to advance Leister market penetration and increase sales revenue.
- Monitor competition – develop an understanding of their products, strengths, weaknesses, and identifiable strategies and report to management as needed.
- Maintain positive industry relations with material manufacturers, suppliers of complementary equipment, and industry segment associations.
- Assist in the planning and execution of roofing industry trade shows, as assigned.
- Report monthly activities, successes, and challenges.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment.
Other special projects or duties, as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Needed:
- College degree in a sales, marketing, or technical field. Willing to consider related experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in the commercial roofing industry strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of single-ply roofing products, systems, and installation best practices. Hands-on Leister or similar machine/tool experience a plus.
- Ability to travel the US, either via air or vehicle (up to 25%).
- Ability and willingness to perform core responsibilities in differing environments including, but not limited to, office, warehouse, outdoor, and construction site.
- Ability to lift equipment exceeding 50 lbs.
- Excellent oral and writing skills, with experience in group presentations.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP Business by Design or similar ERP system a plus.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Position is 75% On-Site and 25% Travel