General Accounting (60%):
- Supervise Staff Accountant.
- Maintain sales tax classification and exemption certificates for main customers and all ship-to locations.
- Review sales tax calculations on customer invoices.
- Maintains Fixed Assets including additions, disposals, associated journal entries and physical inventory.
- Prepare and enter journal entries (prepaids, deferrals, accruals, payroll, etc.).
- Perform monthly reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies.
- Recording weekly cycle count adjustments.
- Assist with monthly financial report preparation for submission to HQ.
- Assist with Budget and forecast preparation.
- Assist with internal control policy documentation and implementation.
- Assist with analytical analysis and projects as needed.
- Review coding and post third party vendor invoices and employee expense reports.
- Code, post, and reconcile company visa and employee expense reports.
- Reconcile, pay and manage Intercompany invoices.
- Develop AP policies and streamline processes.
- Maintain documented AP procedures.
- Run credit reports on new customers and recommend and enter credit lines for new and existing customers within prescribed policy limits.
- Oversee credit and collection activities including collection calls, reconciling, analyzing, and resolving disputes or discrepancies.
- Oversee posting of incoming payments and prepareing daily deposits.
- Oversee monthly aging, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Prepare bad debt reserve calculation when required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. A Master's Degree or CPA is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in accounting or finance roles, preferably in a global manufacturing/distribution organization
- Minimum 3 years Senior/Supervisory role
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs.
- Proficiency in accounting software required, experience with SAP ByDesign preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to work with large volumes of data efficiently.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and provide strategic insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate financial information to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team and build strong relationships across departments.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and mentor junior team members.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and time management skills.