Welding of Geomembranes for Mine Construction
Powerful and Safe
In mine construction, the material, released mechanically or with explosives, is washed out into collecting reservoirs (heap leaching pads). The leaktight sealing system ensures that valuable minerals or metals released into this water cannot escape into the groundwater supply and that the process water does not contaminate the ground. Leister offers welding machines for all requirements: the hot-wedge and combi-wedge machines are designed differently in terms of welding pressure. Various models are available, from the most powerful and technologically advanced, GEOSTAR wedge welder, to the lightweight TWINNY S. All tools feature special nozzles, hot wedges and pressure rollers, which can be used to double weld the sheets which have been laid in an overlapped arrangement. After welding, the test needle and compressed air can be used to check the integrity of the test channel which has just been created. A version with a USB memory system is also available for certain machines, enabling all relevant parameters to be recorded. Leister also offers the EXAMO, VACUUM BOX, and vacuum bell tools for additional inspection of the weld seam.
- Overlap welding of large-area geomembranes in mine construction
- Welding seam quality which can be inspected
- Welding of details
Leister has the solution
Leister offers various hot-wedge and combi-wedge machines for welding HDPE, PP, PVC or TPO materials. Welding seam tensiometers improve safety. A broad spectrum of different hand extruders and hand welding tools completes the range.
- Efficient welding with machines providing a high welding pressure and heat output
- Overlap welds with test channel
- Handheld extrusion welders for the welding of connections and details, as well as patches and repairs
- Tensiometers for checking the tensile load and integrity
- Recording of data with a USB memory system
- Wide range of hand welding tools and accessories