Simple and Economical
More and more vehicle components are being produced from plastic and hot air is perfectly-suited for repairing such parts. Hot air is easy and efficient to use, plus it is usually an inexpensive option when completing a repair, than purchasing and installing a replacement part.
- Repair and processing of all thermoplastics on cars or trucks, such as bumpers and body parts. Dents can be corrected using hot air. However, if there are cracks then hot air also is used to weld the welding rod into the groove which has already been cut and then grind it off.
- Detaching screws which have become stuck, on rims or in the motor compartment, for example.
- Shrinking cable joints, cable harnesses or electrical connectors.
- Sticker/adhesive removal.
- Applying film to provide protection from the sun or for advertising purposes.
Leister has the solution
The spectrum of hand welding tools/heat guns and matching nozzles offered by Leister is just as varied as the range of vehicle repair applications for plastic parts.
- Bar- and pistol-shaped tools with different powers for the right air volume
- Large selection of matching nozzles