FAQs – Hot-Air Hand Tools / Heat Guns
- Can I replace the heating element in Leister hot air hand tools myself?
Yes, the process for TRIAC AT, TRIAC ST, and ELECTRON ST is described in the operating instructions provided at the time of purchase. *NOTE: Although some parts, like heating elements, are not covered by warranty, if the tool itself is still covered by warranty, any repair not conducted by a Leister-certified repair technician can void the warranty of your device.
- How can I maintain my Leister hot air hand tool?
Clean the air filters regularly with compressed air.
Allow the heating element to cool for five minutes after work is complete (no heating capacity).
Have regular service/repair work carried out by a Leister-certified repair technician at the nearest Leister Service Center.
- Is there a Leister heat gun that has an automatic temperature controller?
Yes, both the TRIAC AT and GHIBLI AW are digitally-controlled (closed-loop) tools that adjust the set temperature promptly for reproducible, perfect welding results.
- Are Leister heat guns suitable for use on construction sites?
Yes, Leister places great value on the user and tool protection in order to ensure safe operation under harsh working conditions and when used continuously.
- Do Leister heat guns also work with a poor current supply?
The tools are suitable for use with a generator and designed for +/- 10% overvoltage or undervoltage. In reality, they also can tolerate a little more. Please note that undervoltage causes the maximum output, that is physically possible, to decrease significantly.
- Can I simply transport the accessories I need to the construction site together with the Leister heat gun?
Yes, TRIAC S / TRIAC ST / TRIAC AT / ELECTRON ST / GHIBLI AW tools are each supplied in a practical green Leister case, which has enough room for accessories such as nozzles, pressure rollers, or cleaning brushes.
- Are spare parts for my old Leister hot air hand tool still available?
Leister offers five-year spare part availability from the time the specific tool stops being sold. Are you unsure if spare parts are still available? Simply contact your nearest sales partner.
- Which accessories can I purchase from Leister?
Leister supplies a wide range of suitable nozzles, pressure rollers, knives, and other innovative products. Simply visit our accessory finder area on the Leister website.