Job position: Field Sales Engineer for Plastic Welding Products
Reports to: Manager, Plastic Welding Products
Plastic welding tool sales on the East Coast (NJ, NY, MA and RI) and will require overnight travel. The role will focus on being in front of the customers and demonstrating how Leister's products and services can benefit their production throughout.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop new business through customer visits and product demonstrations.
- Engage existing customer base and analyze/grow Leister opportunities.
- Cultivate new customers in territory.
- Become an expert at specifying the proper tool/equipment to satisfy each customer’s unique hot air application.
- Participate in a wide variety of activities to ensure optimum networking opportunities with partners, trade associations, customer supplier open houses, etc.
- Develop strong relationships with OEMs and automation machine builders creating Leister specific repeat business.
- Build upon Leister’s existing and historical quality leadership.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Two to four years of outside B-to-B sales experience is required.
- Experience in the plastics industry or other technical field is a plus.
- Candidate will be involved with industrial applications varying from stationary hot air devices for welding industrial fabrics, to handheld plastic extruders for plastic welding or walk behind tools for banner/billboard and tarp assembly.
- The ideal candidate will be results oriented, have an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent communication skills, and have a good working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel.
Leister Technologies LLC (www.leister.com), with U.S. headquarters based in Itasca, Illinois, and a satellite office in Fremont, CA, is a subsidiary of Leister Technologies AG. These offices support the sales and service of Leister’s full line of process heat, plastic welding, laser and microsystem products through its wide network of distribution partners across North America.