Laser Sales Engineer Mexico & Central America
Position is 75% On-Site and 25% Travel
Bilingual Spanish/English Skills Required
The Laser Sales Engineer - Mexico & Central America Division, is responsible for growing sales by promoting/selling/securing orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based sales approach. This position is based in our Itasca, IL office, and the percentage of travel time in the territory is approximately 25%. Bilingual Spanish/English skills are a requirement.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business for the organization’s Laser Plastic Welding products/services.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and information to determine their potential.
- Continuous contact and laser presentation via in-person visits, telephone, Teams, and email communication with existing and prospective customers.
- Develops and refines sales methods, costs, and strategy to maximize territory profit results.
- Prepares for and attends exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national promotional opportunities.
- Fosters positive relations with vendors in the assigned territory (material suppliers, suppliers of ancillary equipment, automation houses, and machine builders).
- Actively participates in the attainment of company goals and objectives for the Leister Itasca office.
- Recommends new ideas, methods, and procedures to enhance operations while carrying out routine functions set forth by the Director of LPW.
- Collaborates with laser lab technician and service technician in the resolution of day-to-day customer and operational issues.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends by reading pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
Sales & Marketing Responsibilities:
- Works within and improves the marketing strategy for Laser.
- Analyzes / reviews the effectiveness of marketing & sales methods, costs, and results.
Online advertising & social media
- Participates in technology review with US & Swiss counterparts identifying industry trends and product
requests, enhancements, technical issues, pricing, delivery, and lead times.
- Promotes positive relations with vendors and associations (material suppliers, suppliers of ancillary equipment, automation houses, machine builders, material associations, and market segment associations).
- Establishes, manages, and expands sales and distribution network when and where required.
- Works closely with direct sales personnel regarding applications /product use to better understand market demand. Effectively communicates successes into marketing campaigns for similar industries across the United States / LTAG.
- Increases market penetration by application, product, and geography.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Needed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical business.
- Must be bilingual Spanish/English.
- Knowledge of industrial sales principles, methods, and techniques.
- Product and industry knowledge relating to laser welding of plastics and general plastic assembly techniques.
- Skilled in sales strategy planning and implementation.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Must be bilingual Spanish/English.
- 3-5 years outside sales experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of coworkers in a diverse community, fostering a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals.
For over 60 years, Leister has been a world leader in plastics processing with hot-air, hot-wedge and extrusion welder technology. To assure customers can always rely on the renowned Leister quality, the company develops and produces all products and accessory parts in Switzerland in compliance with the strict ISO 9001 standard.
The classic product portfolio of the Leister Group is subject to continuous development and has been extended by high-tech machines and components involving laser and micro-technology. Leister Laser Plastic Welding produces powerful and cutting-edge laser welding systems for plastics. Axetris AG develops and produces laser gas detectors, micro-optics, mass flow rate sensors and infrared sources for industry.