Technical Sales Support – Plastic Welding
Basic Function: Support the technical sales efforts of Leister US Plastic Welding tool configurations. Review new applications and specify tool requirements. Provide direct support to customers and internal personnel regarding service, parts, engineering, manufacturing to resolve technical issues that affect the sales, installation, and utilization of Leister products. Also support Inside Sales Engineer in the compilation of competitive information, presentation, quotations, and technical sales information.
- Participate with Sales Representatives in direct sales opportunities by providing technical information requested by sales or customer and recommending special machine and tool configurations in response to customer requests.
- Prepare and perform machine demonstrations and trials at Leister facility or customer site.
- Assist in analysis of customer's application requirements and assist in execution of quotation preparation.
- Serve as technical liaison between field sales force and company manufacturing locations. Resolve technical issues in collaboration with the Swiss product managers and engineers, in concert with feeding the necessary information to Leister sales and service department, other sales channels, and end-users.
- Assist in the quotation process by providing specific product builds for new applications.
- Support retrofit or equipment upgrade implantation.
- Immediate response to all phone, email, mail, and fax requests. Provide support to customers via troubleshooting of processing problems.
- Assemble and perform training presentations for Leister sales channels and for direct customer end-user seminars at Leister facility or at customer.
- Compile and maintain competitive data with various industries.
- Coordinate product information with manufacturing, sales, and service departments.
- Assist in trade show specifications and possible in-booth technical liaison.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Engineering/Technical Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years tool industry, product engineering, or similar work experience
- Working knowledge of handheld or automatic tools (heat or blower experience a plus).
- Knowledge of automation techniques and product flow.
- Some travel required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Documentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.