By combining continuously running and thus highly productive individual processes into an integrated overall process chain, an efficient and cost-effective production of the material is made possible. The individual processes are:
- Continuous production of thermoplastic FVK laminates by double-belt press
- Continuous printing of conductive tracks and application of functional layers in a roll-to-roll process
- Hybrid-Integration of LEDs
- Continuous sealing of the layers by laser transmission welding
- Shaping of curved final contours
The project success is guaranteed by the interdisciplinary composition of the consortium. The project covers the entire value chain from material production, process and plant development to the marketing of the functionalised fibre composite plastic. The direct connection to the market is guaranteed by the end customers won for the project as well as the extensive and highly diversified company network of the project partners.