Welding of Thermoplastic Geomembranes for Tunnel Sealing
Versatile and Reliable
Tunnel geomembranes are utilized in surface mining or deep mining. Once the concrete casing is complete, a plastic sealing system made from HDPE, PP, PVC or TPO is usually used to provide protection from any penetrating moisture. The individual sheets are laid perpendicular to the direction of the tunnel. Lightweight and flexible welding machines are required for this "overhead welding." Leister offers several suitable machines in the form of the TWINNY, COMET, and TRIAC DRIVE AT. Details can be welded easily and ergonomically with the handheld extrusion welders, hand welding tools (heat guns), and matching accessories.
- Overlap welding of geomembranes in tunnel construction
- Welding seam quality which can be inspected
- Overhead welding
- Welding of details
Leister has the solution
Leister offers various hot-wedge and combi-wedge machines for welding HDPE, PP, PVC or TPO materials. Welding seam tensiometers improve safety. A broad spectrum of different extrusion welders and heat guns completes the range.
- Efficient welding with machines for overlap welding, plus "overhead welding"
- Welds with test channel
- Handheld extrusion welders for the welding of connections and details, as well as patches and repairs
- Tensiometers for checking the tensile load and integrity
- Recording of data with a USB memory system
- Wide range of hand welding tools and accessories